Our Favorite Healthy Grilling Recipes + Tips
If you love being outside in summer weather as much as we do, then we’re assuming you love foods fresh off the grill, too! Give us the sunshine, a cold beverage, good friends, delicious food and we’re happy ladies. Have you felt intimidated by the grill? Us, too! It seems like it’s always something handled by our dads or brothers and isn’t something that’s necessarily taught to women at a young age. Well, we’re here to tell you that it doesn’t have to be intimidating! It’s surprisingly easy and just takes a little practice. Here are a few of our best tips:
- Choose your grill. We like gas grills for their ease of use and convenience, but the Traeger wood pellet grills are pretty amazing, too!
- Stock up on the right equipment. You don’t need much, but we recommend long grilling tongs, a hinged wire basket for grilling small veggies and a grill scraper to keep everything clean.
- Set the temp. Gas grills make this super easy – you’ll follow similar steps to turning on your oven. For most meats, we recommend between 375 degrees and 425 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Don’t open the grill more than necessary. We know it’s tempting to check on the goods every 5 minutes, but this causes heat to escape and can affect the grilling time.
- Use a meat thermometer. When cooking meats, make sure you use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature and make sure it’s safe to eat.
- Season it up! Grilled meats get fantastic flavor from the smoky nature of the grill, but adding spice rubs and marinades takes it to the next level. Try these easy chicken marinades!
Ready to get started? Try one of our favorite healthy grilling recipes for your next patio dinner. Happy grilling!
Easy Grilled Sweet Potato Pizzas from Fit Foodie Finds: All you need is sweet potatoes, your favorite marinara sauce or pesto, mozzarella, and your favorite pizza toppings for this healthy 30 minute meal.
Vegetarian Turmeric Pineapple Tofu Kabobs from Ambitious Kitchen: Beautiful ready to grill tofu kabobs made with extra firm tofu, a soy ginger turmeric marinade and fresh pineapple cubes. Delicious and perfect for the vegetarians in your life!
Olive Oil Parmesan Grilled Corn from Fit Foodie Finds: Spice up your corn with olive oil and parmesan cheese for the most flavorful, EASY summertime side that can be made right at home on your grill!
Greek Chicken Kabobs with Quinoa and Homemade Greek Yogurt Tzatziki from The Healthy Glow Co.: Looking for a deliciously easy grilling recipe for summer? Try these greek chicken kabobs with beautiful seasonal bell peppers and an easy homemade greek yogurt tzatziki sauce.
Sweet & Spicy BBQ Bacon Hawaiian Turkey Burgers from Ambitious Kitchen: Flavorful, lightened up turkey burgers packed with AMAZING flavor thanks to turkey bacon, spicy bbq sauce, pepper jack cheese and grilled pineapple.
Grilled Watermelon & Balsamic Chicken from The Creative Bite: chicken breast topped with grilled watermelon, goat cheese, mint, and a delicious balsamic reduction drizzle.
Prosciutto Asparagus Stuffed Chicken Breasts from Fit Foodie Finds: Have your meat and veggies too! Make this delicious prosciutto asparagus stuffed chicken breast on the grill for a yummy, summer meal.
Grilled Sweet Potato Fries from Ambitious Kitchen: Did you know you can make grilled sweet potato fries in no time at all? Try this amazing recipe for sweet potato fries with a hint of garlic and sesame flavor! Served with a yogurt curry dip.
4 Easy Grilled Chicken Marinades from Ambitious Kitchen: These four unique chicken marinades are perfect for adding delicious flavor to your chicken before grilling!
Grilled Pesto Turkey Burgers from The Lemon Bowl: grilled turkey burgers topped with fresh pesto, spicy arugula, and creamy mozzarella cheese.
Grilled Peaches with Vanilla Ice Cream: the best summertime dessert that you can make right on your grill!
Foil Pack Salmon with Grilled Pineapple Salsa from Fit Foodie Finds: This healthy summer meal is made in under 30 minutes on the grill and full of fresh flavor!
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.