No Bake Omega 3 Mint Brownie Bites
These quick, no-bake brownie bites with a hint of mint are absolutely delicious! Packed with omegas thanks to walnuts and iron from cocoa powder, these little bites are the perfect treat.
The HGG Reset is all about honoring your hunger. What does this mean? We encourage you to pay attention to your body’s satiety cues, rather than focusing on the numbers or a strict meal plan protocol. This plan is made to be flexible, so make it your own! When in doubt, lean on our private Facebook community to help generate ideas, receive support and connect with other like-minded women in the #HGCcommunity.
Speaking of honoring your hunger, sometimes this means the need for a fulfilling afternoon snack or a sweet treat after meal time. These No Bake Omega 3 Mint Brownie Bites will satisfy your sweet tooth, but are packed with good-for-you ingredients: healthy fats from walnuts, naturally sweetened from dates and a hint of mint to create that delicious mint chocolate flavor. We love to make a big batch of these for the week and store them in the freezer for the perfect healthy snack!
- 4 ounces raw walnut halves (~1 cup)
- 1 cup packed pitted dates
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon mint or peppermint extract
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- Place walnuts and dates into a food processor. Process for about 1 minute or until walnuts and dates come together well. Walnuts should be slightly chunky.
- Add in the remaining ingredients: cocoa powder, vanilla extract, mint extract and salt. Pulse until a dough forms. The dough texture should be thick and clumpy, and possibly come together into a ball. If it isn't, then add 1 or 2 tablespoons of warm water.
- Use a cookie dough scoop to grab 1 tablespoon of mixture and then roll into a ball. Place onto a small baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all the mixture is gone. Place in fridge for 30 minutes to allow balls to chill and harden a bit. Makes 8 brownie bites.
The HGG Reset is exactly how we eat when we want to feel our best. It’s a four week focus on nourishing your body with foods that work in your favor, while stripping back what weighs you down. There aren’t any “yes/no” lists, but we’ve intentionally designed this program to help you establish a new, sustainable eating pattern with healthy, satisfying food that tastes as good as it makes you feel! Ready to get started? Grab your copy here!
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.