Ginger Cashew Chicken Stir Fry with Coconut Cauliflower Rice
You’re going to love this easy stir fry with a creamy thai cashew ginger sauce & plenty of veggies. Serve with cauliflower rice that’s sautéed in a little coconut oil for amazing flavor!
Can talk for a moment about how much we LOVE stir fry’s around here?
It’s the perfect clean-out-the-fridge meal and you can pack it full with all kinds of good for you ingredients and it’ll still taste amazing. It all starts with the sauce; do you have a go-to stir fry sauce recipe? You’re going to want to add this one to your arsenal! The cashew butter as the base serves as the perfect nutty flavor when combined with coconut aminos, lots of fresh ginger and garlic. So simple and so delicious! And, these ingredients are things we almost always have in our pantry; we’ll call that a weeknight meal WIN.
This is really what our 4-week meal program, HGG Reset, is all about. Getting you back in the kitchen, reminding you that healthy eating doesn’t have to be hugely complicated, and equipping you with the recipes and kitchen skills to implement healthy habits for the long-term. You can have this stir fry on the table in just 20 minutes! What are you waiting for? Grab the recipe below!
- ½ tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 head of cauliflower
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons cashew butter
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons warm water, to thin the sauce
- If you like it spicy: add a few shakes of red pepper flakes
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil, divided
- Salt and pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 bunch green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, chopped into big chunks
- 1 medium head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 red bell pepper, julienned
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- extra green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- Remove all greens from cauliflower and break into florets. You can either use a box grater, or a food processor to process the cauliflower into rice. If using a food processor (the easier method), simply add half of cauliflower florets to bowl of the food processor with a blade attachment. Pulse until cauliflower resembles rice. Add in remaining florets and process again until cauliflower becomes rice-like. Transfer to a large, clean dish towel and squeeze all the moisture out of the cauliflower. Set aside in a large bowl until ready to cook.
- Next prepare your stir fry sauce: In a medium bowl, whisk together the cashew butter, coconut aminos, ginger, garlic, warm water and red pepper flakes if desired. Set aside.
- Now you’re ready to cook your stir fry: Add coconut oil to a large wok or pot and place over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add chicken and generously sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook chicken for 5-6 minutes or until fully cooked and no longer pink. Once chicken is cooked, transfer to a bowl.
- Add in the other ½ tablespoon of coconut oil to the skillet and reduce heat to medium. Add minced garlic and cook for 30 seconds or until fragrant, then add in green onions, chopped red onion, red bell pepper, shredded carrot and broccoli florets. Stir fry for 5 minutes or until onions cook down and broccoli becomes a little tender. Reduce heat to low, add in chicken and your sauce, gently stirring to coat veggies. and cook for another few minutes while you make the cauliflower rice.
- When veggies are cooking, make your cauliflower rice: Add ½ tablespoon coconut oil to a separate large skillet and place over medium heat. Once oil is hot, add in cauliflower rice and cook for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper.
- There are four servings: Serve ¼ of stir fry with about 1 cup of cauliflower rice. Garnish with green onion, cilantro and cashews. Enjoy!
The HGG Reset is exactly how we eat when we want to feel our best. It’s a four week focus on nourishing your body with foods that work in your favor, while stripping back what weighs you down. There aren’t any “yes/no” lists, but we’ve intentionally designed this program to help you establish a new, sustainable eating pattern with healthy, satisfying food that tastes as good as it makes you feel! Ready to get started? Grab your copy here!
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.