Chicken and Kale Italian-Style Quinoa Bake
In less than 15 minutes you can throw together this amazing Chicken and Kale Italian-Style Quinoa Bake. It’s made with tons of veggies such as kale, red pepper, and onions.
Happy week before Christmas, everyone! We’ve been hard at work over here at HGC preparing for a super exciting launch of a top secret project. After months of development and hard work, we can not wait to share what we’ve been working on! Want to be the first to find out? Subscribe to our email list and we’ll let you know as soon as we can 🙂 For now, we shall tease your taste buds with a delicious quinoa bake that might actually be the perfect healthy holiday option for the fam!
This Chicken and Kale Italian-Style Quinoa Bake is made with just a few simple and staple ingredients, yet it’s packed with so much flavor! If you’ve never made a quinoa bake before, you’re in for a treat. All you have to do is throw everything into a casserole dish…RAW…and pop it in the oven for 45 minutes to an hour. None of this dirtying multiple pots and pans or precooking the quinoa or chicken. Throw it all together, bake it, and BAM! Dinner is ready for the whole family or meal prep for the week!
If you make this recipe, don’t forget to tag #healthyglowco and #HGCCommunity on IG so we can take a look at your delicious creation! Enjoy.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil (for rubbing)
- 1 26-ounce jar organic marinara sauce
- 1 cup white quinoa, rinsed
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 2.5 cups organic chicken broth
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar (+ more for topping)
- ½ medium white onion, finely diced
- 2 cups kale, deboned and chopped
- 1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, chopped into 1-inch chunks (~3 medium breasts)
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons Italian seasoning
- ¼ teaspoon salt*
- Pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF and rub a 9x13 inch casserole dish with olive oil or butter.
- Rinse your quinoa under warm water and pat dry. Then, place on the bottom of your casserole dish.
- Next, place red pepper, white onion, kale, and chicken breast on top of quinoa.
- In a large Pyrex, mix together marinara sauce, chicken broth, balsamic vinegar, minced garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper.
- Pour marinara mixture over veggies and mix until everything is combined. Use your hands to press everything down so that it submerges with the liquid.
- Cover with tin foil and bake at 375ºF for 50-60 minutes or until quinoa is fully cooked.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 10 minutes before serving. Top with parmesan or goat cheese and more balsamic vinegar.
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.