Chocolate & Coconut Cashew Quinoa Granola Bars
There are so many energy and protein bars on the market these days, it’s enough to make our heads spin! When we think about some of our favorite brands, there’s a common theme with all of them: minimal ingredients, not too sweet and packed with nutrition. When you’re on-the-go, sometimes there’s nothing better than a storebought bar to power you through the day. But the cost of those bars day after day adds up! And, it’s not always easy to find a healthier option wherever you are.
We can’t wait for you to make these Chocolate & Coconut Cashew Quinoa Granola Bars! These almost no bake bars are packed with chocolate and a sweet cashew flavor. They’ve got natural protein from cashews and quinoa & a healthy dose of carbs from whole grain oats to get your through that afternoon slump!
- ½ cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free, if desired
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa
- ½ cup natural cashew butter
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3 tablespoons honey (or maple syrup)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- ⅛ teaspoon sea salt
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- ¼ cup cashews
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons cashews
- Coarse sea salt, for sprinkling on top
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Add oats and quinoa to a baking sheet and spread out evenly. Once oven is preheated, toast the oats and quinoa for 8-10 minutes. Set aside and allow to cool.
- While quinoa and oats are toasting, add cashew butter, coconut oil, honey, vanilla, cocoa powder and sea salt to a medium saucepan over low heat. Stir every so often until the mixture is smooth and creamy. Next stir in chia seeds, cashews, then oat and quinoa mixture until well incorporated.
- Line an 8x4 inch loaf pan with parchment paper; pour mixture in and spread out evenly then press mixture down firmly. Top with 2 tablespoons cashews and shredded coconut. Place pan in freezer for 3o minutes or until mixture has hardened. Remove bars from pan and cut into 8 bars. Store bars in fridge in a airtight container.
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.