Healthy Green Curry Sweet Potato Chicken Meatballs
Got 30 minutes? Make these green curry sweet potato chicken meatballs for a flavorful, protein packed dinner that the whole family will love!
Meatballs have always been a staple in my household. You know, the kind you eat with spaghetti! My mom’s side is Italian, so we grew up eating a lot of sketti and meatballs. I mean a lot. I was fortunate enough to be that 10 year old in the kitchen learning how to make meatballs with my mom. She taught me that along with your ground meat, you need a bind, a flour, spices, and if you want your meatballs super moist — a shredded vegetable! Genius, right?
Years later I still find myself making meatballs with my mom’s equation, but flavoring them in many different ways! Green curry has to be one of my new favorite flavors within the last year and I knew I had to include a green curry recipe in our Spring/Summer Healthy Glow Guide Meal Plan. So many delicious and fresh flavor between the meatballs themselves, the green curry paste, the coconut milk, and all of the veggies! I make a variation of this in my own kitchen at least once a week. Sometimes I serve it with white sticky rice and sometimes with quinoa!
I hope you guys love this recipe as much as I do.
- 1 pound ground chicken
- ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats, gluten free if desired
- ¼ cup white whole wheat or gluten free oat flour
- 1 small sweet potato, grated (~1/2 cup, squeezed)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (15-ounce) can full-fat coconut milk
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 cup snow peas
- 3 tablespoons green curry paste
- 3 tablespoons lime juice (~1 lime)
- ½ tablespoon green dragon or hot sauce
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375ºF.
- In a large bowl, mix together all ingredients for the meatballs (except for olive oil).
- Heat a large, oven safe skillet over medium heat and add olive oil to the pan. Then, using a tablespoon cookie scoop, scoop out mixture and mold into a ball with your hands. It works best if your hands are slightly moist with water. Place in skillet. Repeat.
- Brown meatballs for 4-5 minutes (you don’t want them to be fully cooked). Remove from heat. Set meatballs aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mix coconut milk, curry paste, lime juice, dragon sauce, and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Heat olive oil in the same skillet you used for the meatballs. Add red onion, red pepper and snow peas. Sauté vegetables for 2 minutes. Add coconut curry sauce to the pan. Bring to a boil.
- Add browned meatballs to the skillet so they are sitting in the curry mixture. Place in the oven and bake at 375ºF for 15 minutes.
PS: if you are looking for more flavorful, healthy recipes like this you should absolutely check out our BRAND NEW Healthy Glow Guide Summer Meal Plan (or any of our bundles!) because there are plenty of more healthy delicious recipes in the guide waiting for you!
Don’t forget to join our FB group where we share recipe inspiration, ask questions and support each other through our healthy journeys.
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.