Greek Chicken Kabobs with Quinoa & Homemade Greek Yogurt Tzatziki
Looking for a deliciously easy grilling recipe for summer? Try these greek chicken kabobs with beautiful seasonal bell peppers and an easy homemade greek yogurt tzatziki sauce.
We can’t believe that the Healthy Glow Guide Summer Meal Plan is finally here! If you haven’t been following along, then we’ll give you a little more info:
The 6 week Healthy Glow Guide Summer Meal Plan is filled with over 50+ fantastic exclusive recipes and overly 20 fan favorites. We’ve also created grocery lists organized by week and meal, a nutrition appendix and a fun social calendar to get you inspired in and out of the kitchen!
We realize that it’s hard to sometimes take the leap and purchase, that’s why we’ve decided to share how easy it can be to make just a few of the recipes on our blog.
The first recipe we’re sharing from the guide are these beautiful grilled greek chicken kabobs with a homemade Greek yogurt Tzatziki Sauce and a side of quinoa. Your friends and family are going to go crazy over how good these are — especially the sauce! It’s one of our new favorites here at HGC on just about anything. And it also serves as the ultimate vegetable dip or drizzle over a greek inspired morning omelette. The possibilities are endless and we love how greek yogurt gives the sauce a boost of tummy friendly probiotics & protein.
If you like this recipe, don’t hesitate to purchase the BRAND NEW Healthy Glow Guide Summer Meal Plan because there are plenty of more healthy delicious recipes in the guide waiting for you!
Don’t forget to join our FB group where we share recipe inspiration, ask questions and support each other through our healthy journeys.
- For the chicken:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ lemon, juiced
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 green bell pepper
- 1 red onion
- 1 cup grape tomatoes
- For the quinoa:
- 1 cup uncooked quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the tzatziki:
- 1 cup nonfat plain Greek or dairy free yogurt
- ½ lemon, juiced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small cucumber, peeled and shredded
- 2 tablespoons freshly chopped dill
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper to taste
- Cut red bell pepper, green bell pepper and red onion into 2x2 inch pieces (to be skewered). Cut chicken into cubes, about 1½ inches long. Set aside.
- Place chicken cubes in a freezer-sized ziploc bag. Add olive oil, lemon, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper. Mix chicken in bag and let marinate in refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- While chicken is marinating, add quinoa to a small pot with 2¼ cups water and place over medium-high heat. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook quinoa for 15 minutes until tender and liquid is gone.
- While quinoa is cooking make the tzatziki: mix together the Greek yogurt, lemon, garlic, cucumber and dill in a medium-sized bowl until well combined. Set aside.
- Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Place peppers, onion, tomatoes and chicken pieces onto a skewer, leaving a small space in between each ingredient and alternating ingredients as desired. You should be able to get about 8 skewers total.
- Grill skewers for 8-10 minutes on each side, or until meat is cooked through and vegetables are tender.
- Place ¼ of the quinoa, ¼ of the tzatziki and 2 kabobs into a bowl to serve. Serves 4.
This recipe is apart of our BRAND NEW Healthy Glow Guide Summer Meal Plan! Get more recipes like this in the guide.
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.