4 Ways to Make No Bake Energy Balls
Want to learn how to make your own no bake energy balls at home? This week of the #GlowGoodChallenge in partnership with Blue Diamond Almonds, we’re sharing 4 different versions of our favorite energy balls (each made with only 4 ingredients!).
This week the Glow Good Challenge is all about how to get active, which comes at the perfect timing now that the sun has finally decided to stay out for a few weeks. Are you enjoying it? We certainly are.
Of course, in true Healthy Glow Co. fashion, we’ll be encouraging you to move and fuel your body in ways that feel good. This week’s daily prompts are energizing, fun and creative. So, what do you say we kick it off with these tasty energy bites?!
If you are new to the energy ball game, then you’re in for a seriously delicious, satisfying treat. Energy balls are one of our favorite snacks to whip up, especially during the warmer months, when we refuse to turn our ovens on.
These energy balls require no baking and only 4 simple ingredients. They’re a wonderful pre or post-workout snack to refuel and energize you. Now let’s talk about the ingredients you’ll need:
Dates. We like to use pitted medjool dates because of how flavorful, sticky and sweet they are.
Blue Diamond Lightly Salted Roasted Almonds. One of our favorite almonds to put in recipes; it’s perfectly salty and satisfies a crunchy craving like no other.
Optional add ins. We’ve put together 4 different recipes for you to try for energy balls: Banana Bread, Snickerdoodle, Strawberry Shortcake and Coconut Chocolate.
The only question is: which will you make first?! Don’t forget to snap a photo, tag us on Instagram and share with your friends.
- For the base:
- 1 cup packed pitted medjool dates
- ¾ cup Blue Diamond lightly salted roasted almonds
- 1-2 tablespoons warm water
- For strawberry shortcake energy balls:
- 1 cup freeze dried strawberries
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- For the snickerdoodle energy balls:
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- For the banana bread energy balls:
- ¾ cup banana chips
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- For the coconut chocolate chip:
- ⅓ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- Place dates, almonds and 1 tablespoon warm water into a bowl of a food processor. Process on high for 30 seconds-1 minute until almonds and dates come together well. Next add in additional two ingredients for whatever version of energy balls you want to make; process again
- until a dough forms. It should be thick. If it isn’t, add another tablespoon of water if necessary. Use a small cookie scoop to scoop dough out and then use your hands to roll into 14 balls.
We’d love for you to follow us along on the #GlowGoodChallenge anytime you’d like. Our daily prompts for this week can be found below. Don’t forget to use our hashtag on Instagram; we’ll be sharing some of our favorites in our weekly newsletter!
Use the challenge calendar below as a reminder to check in daily. Each word captures the spirit of the daily challenge, and you can use it simply as a photo prompt or as encouragement to complete the call to action we’ll be including with our Instagram posts.
And, there’s a big reason we want you to show up and engage with us in the daily challenges…
We’ll be following the #glowgoodchallenge hashtag and each time it’s used in conjunction with a daily photo prompt or challenge activity, you will earn an entry to receive one free ticket to an upcoming 2-day retreat we have planned in Colorado towards the end of the summer!
- Fuel – Fuel up pre-workout with 4 new versions of Energy Bites we’ll be sharing on the blog.
- Write – Pen a handwritten letter to someone you love.
- Learn – Share what you’ve learned from a failure in your life.
- Playlist – Listen to your favorite song and rejuvenate with a new playlist we’ll be sharing.
- Flex – Check out our 2-Day #healthyglowguide preview and flex your muscles!
- Play – Reconnect with your inner child.
- Dream – Share a big dream or vision for your life that motivates you.
Thanks to Blue Diamond Almonds for partnering with Healthy Glow Co. on this post.
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.