Healthy Chocolate Covered Fruit: 4 Different Ways!
Looking for a healthy guilt free treat that’s both kid and adult friendly? Try dipping your favorite fruit in dark chocolate and Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds!
Have you heard of our #GlowGoodChallenge yet?! We’ve been having a blast with the daily challenges and can’t wait to share with you what’s on the agenda for this week…
We know how it goes, sometimes you find yourself indulging in a few too many sweets (hey, it happens to all of us!) and want to take a step back and re-evaluate your eating habits. Perhaps because you want to cut back on sugar or maybe it’s because you know you need a little reset when it comes to food.
Trust us when we say we’ve been there, and it’s a common feeling. Food can be one of the greatest pleasures in life, but also has the power to be consuming and addicting. Yet just because you promise yourself to cut back sugar or processed food, doesn’t mean you shouldn’t be able to enjoy a healthy treat now and then! We celebrate dessert here at HGC and find ways to enjoy it daily, because what is life without a sweet treat every now and then?
One of our best tricks to crushing a (very) sweet tooth craving, is to enjoy simple plant based desserts — like fresh fruit, which provides nutrients and vitamins to actually nourish your body, rather than empty calories found in most store bought candy bars.
On the second week of the #GlowGoodChallenge, we’re sharing this easy special recipes for how to make healthy chocolate covered fruit, four different ways with common budget friendly fruits. Our favorite way to finish these sweet treats off are with Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds — a snacking staple here at HealthyGlow.Co.
- Base for each fruit:
- 2 tablespoons chocolate chips, vegan if desired
- ½ teaspoon coconut oil
- 2-3 tablespoons Blue Diamond Toasted Coconut Almonds
- Options for dipping:
- 9 large strawberries
- 1 granny smith apple, cut into 9 slices
- 1 large orange, separated into 9 segments
- 2 bananas, sliced into ¼ inch thick slices +
- 1 heaping tablespoon almond butter
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Melt chocolate chips and coconut oil in microwave for 30 seconds. Stir, and add 15 seconds if needed. Chop up Blue Diamond Almonds for topping.
- If making the strawberries:Dip strawberries halfway into melted chocolate. Roll chocolate segment of the fruit in chopped nuts or sprinkle on top if that’s easier. Place baking tray in the freezer to solidify chocolate for 5 minutes, then enjoy. Store in fridge.
- If making the apple: Dip apples ⅓ of the way into melted chocolate. Roll chocolate segment of the fruit in chopped nuts or sprinkle on top if that’s easier. Place baking tray in the freezer to solidify chocolate for 5 minutes, then enjoy.
- If making the orange: Dip orange segments ⅓ of the way into melted chocolate. Roll chocolate segment of the fruit in chopped nuts or sprinkle on top if that’s easier. Place baking tray in the freezer to solidify chocolate for 5 minutes, then enjoy.
- If making the frozen banana bites:Slice bananas ¼ inch thick. Add ½ teaspoon almond butter on half of the banana slices and place the other banana slice on top.Dip banana bite halfway into melted chocolate. Roll chocolate segment of the fruit in chopped nuts or sprinkle on top if that’s easier. Place baking tray in the freezer to solidify chocolate for 5 minutes, then enjoy.
P.S. You can follow us along on the #GlowGoodChallenge anytime you want. Our daily prompts for this week can be found below. Don’t forget to use our hashtag on Instagram; we’ll be sharing some of our favorites in our weekly newsletter!
Use the challenge calendar below as a reminder to check in daily. Each word captures the spirit of the daily challenge, and you can use it simply as a photo prompt or as encouragement to complete the call to action we’ll be including with our Instagram posts.
And, there’s a big reason we want you to show up and engage with us in the daily challenges…
We’ll be following the #glowgoodchallenge hashtag and each time it’s used in conjunction with a daily photo prompt or challenge activity, you will earn an entry to receive one free ticket to an upcoming 2-day retreat we have planned in Colorado towards the end of the summer!
- Dessert – Treat yourself, like trying four different spins we’ll be sharing on chocolate-dipped fruit.
- Story – Share behind-the-scenes of your own wellness journey.
- Routine – Tell us your wake-up beverage of choice, and try our new green smoothie recipe we’ll be sharing on the blog.
- Rep Challenge – Pick your favorite bodyweight workout and max out your reps.
- Glow – Connect with your inner and outer “glow” with a new DIY face mask we’ll be sharing on the blog.
- Stretch – Get outside your comfort zone.
- Read – Read a few pages of a favorite book or magazine.
This post is in partnership with Blue Diamond Almonds. Thanks for supporting the brands that help make this site possible!
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.