Vegetarian Falafel Buddha Bowl with Hummus Dressing
Get your meal prep game on with these delicious Vegetarian Falafel Buddha Bowls. They are packed with fiber, protein, greens, and crunch (thank you Blue Diamond Almonds!).
Welcome to the first day of the #GlowGoodChallenge in partnership with our favorite almond brand, Blue Diamond! We are beyond thrilled to focus in this month on doing good for our bodies in so many ways. We’ve chosen four core themes and today we’re introducing the first one: get goal-oriented!
One of the habits that we’ve incorporated into our lives over the years is meal prep. It’s so much easier to spend an hour or two on Sunday getting a few healthy meals and snacks ready for the busy week ahead! That’s why the “goal” we’ve set and are sharing with you guys first this week is to knock some meal prep out today, starting with this amazingly delicious Vegetarian Falafel Buddha Bowl with Hummus Dressing.
Meal prep is such a great way to save time during your busy work week and to make healthy eating accessible. Taking time to meal prep doesn’t have to mean spending your entire day in the kitchen. Believe me when I say this, the more you do it, the more efficient you will get at meal prepping! Start small and choose 1 or 2 meals to cook up today so that your week can be easy breezy.
These falafel buddha bowls are going to fill all of your hunger wants and needs! They’re loaded with fiber and protein and all you need are your favorite plant-based ingredients. We of course had to add a little extra crunch because we’re all about mixing textures. Blue Diamond’s Smokehouse flavor really complements the Mediterranean flavors in this bowl and believe me when I say this, you will be go back for more crunch.
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans
- ½ cup chopped parsley
- ¼ red onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons flour, any kind
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- ¾ red onion, sliced
- 10 oz. cherry tomatoes
- 1 cucumber, seeded and sliced
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 cup white quinoa, uncooked
- 2 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 bushel of kale (~4 heaping cups packed)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- ½ cup hummus (we used garlic hummus)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400ºF, grease a cookie sheet with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Place ingredients for falafel into a food processor and blend until combined (mixture should be soft but able to hold it’s form).
- To form your falafel patties, scoop a heaping tablespoon of falafel mixture into your hands, form a patty and place on cookie sheet. Repeat until falafel mixture is gone (~8 falafels).
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, flipping 10 minutes in.
- Remove from oven.
- Place all ingredients in a medium sized bowl and mix well.
- Place in the refrigerator to chill.
- Bring water and quinoa to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer until all water is absorbed and quinoa is fluffy.
- Heat olive oil in a saute pan over medium heat.
- Place kale and garlic into the pan and saute for 2-3 minutes. Just long enough so that the garlic is fragrant and the kale is heated (but not wilted). Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place all ingredients for dressing into a blender or food processor and blend until smooth.
- Place 2 falafels, cucumber salad, quinoa, and kale into a bowl or meal prep container.
- Top with hummus dressing and Blue Diamond Smokehouse Almonds.
Join us in the challenge, and share your #glowgoodchallenge #giveaway photos on Instagram using the daily prompts for a chance to win an invite to our Colorado retreat this summer!
If you love to plan ahead, here’s what’s on tap for Week 1:
- Goals – Set an intention for the challenge e.g. 1-2 hours of meal prep with a new make ahead recipe we’ll be sharing on the blog.
- Sleep – Ditch the snooze button and wake up on time or 15 minutes earlier.
- Plank – Try one of the plank variations we’ll be sharing on the blog.
- Self-Love Selfie – Snap a pic and share 3 things you love about yourself.
- Hydrate – Carry your water bottle with you all day and drink up.
- DIY – Tackle a project you’ve been saving for the weekend.
- Walk – Go for a walk & talk to catch up with a friend.
P.S. We’ll be sharing a brand new recipe every single Sunday throughout the duration of this challenge so be sure to check back regularly and follow us on Instagram.
This post is sponsored by Blue Diamond Almonds. We were compensated and all opinions are our own. Thanks for supporting the Healthy Glow Collective!
Sign up to receive our FREE Top 10 Meal Prep Recipe Bundle and get cooking.